Sunday, November 22, 2009

Responses and Reflections on Technology Assessments

After reviewing the Technology Applications Inventory and the SETDA Inventory, I feel fairly competent in the basic foundation of technology. I do many of these objectives through my Lamar courses, and I have done many of these concepts with my students. I can create and save text files, access and use online help, create Power Points, and can create various types of documents. I still need more guidance using audio and video files, and evaluating information for accuracy and validity. Through Lamar, I have been introduced to the Boolean search strategy, so now I am experimenting with it. Portfolios are not used on my campus, nor have I had any training with them. I need more knowledge and skills on integrating portfolios, spreadsheets, and integrating technology into the different subjects that I teach.It was interesting to see how accurate the technology assessments were. The assessments showed that my campus and I were aware of the importance of technology, but we still need more professional development to get us where we need to be.

My strength in educational technology leadership as a principal is that I am strong in the basic usage of technology. I can create newsletters that will be emailed and mailed to the parents. I will be able to help the staff with implementation of technology, because I will make technology a priority, and I will always be looking for resources and strategies for them to implement in their classrooms. My weakness in educational technology as a principal will be working with spreadsheets. I know that I will have to have more training, so that I can work with data and compare data within my campus. As a principal, I will have to make technology a priority on my campus.

1 comment:

  1. Teresa, it is so ironic that our reflection on personal assessments are similiar. We share the same weakness as an instructional leadership. Creating spreadsheets would definitely be my area of weakness. Likewise, we shared the same strengths which included being able to demonstrate usage of technology how it should be implemented in the instructional setting.

    ReplyDelete